Approval, Tolerance, Hatred

Our culture is demanding approval for things that break God's heart. They've replaced tolerance with hatred.

To
lerance is “the ability or willingness to tolerate opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.” It means we treat others as we want to be treated even if we don't agree with their beliefs and lifestyles (Matthew 7:12).

If I'm tolerant of homosexuals (which I am), I'll treat them kindly and humanely, never threatening them nor wishing them harm. But I'll still express my disagreement with their lifestyle in appropriate ways. See What is Godly Tolerance?

If I were intolerant of homosexuals (which I'm not), I'd claim that their rejection of Christianity affects our well-being and causes Christian suicides. I'd insist that homosexual businesses provide services that violate their beliefs. I'd pressure social media to protect Christian views but censor LGBTQ views. I'd call homosexuals hateful Christianphobes and stereotype them by the worst examples.

If you flip the words homosexual and Christian in the above paragraph, you'll be describing our current situation and the strong intolerance Christians face.

We shouldn't be surprised. Jesus said,They hated me without reason” (John 15:25). And He said we should expect the same (John 15:18-20). 

So let's: 
💙  Memorize Matthew 5:10-12
💙  Continue to share God's truth in love, graciously but unashamedly (Ephesians 4:15; Colossians 4:6Acts 4:18-20). 

To understand how Christians should respond to anti-Christian rhetoric, see: 

Our culture is demanding approval for things that break God's heart. They've replaced tolerance with hatred.


Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment