What is Godly Tolerance?

Bible, Tolerance, Worldly principles
"If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it's still a foolish thing." 

Our culture teaches that tolerance is the highest good. 

That's true if tolerance means treating all people humanely. But our culture teaches a foolish tolerance that prohibits free expression of God's truth, even when we do it appropriately and kindly.

Christians have a choice:
  • We can keep silent, and make Jesus ashamed of us (Mark 8:38).
  • We can realize that worldly tolerance is foolish: if no one is wrong, neither is anyone right.
God's principles, truths, Word and ways are the highest good. We can't force God on the world, but we must be careful not to let the world force their foolishness on us.

I'd love to have you sign up for a subscription to my 1-minute devotions.
Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free

Enter your email address & VALIDATE THE FEEDBURNER EMAIL SENT TO YOUR INBOX

8 comments:

  1. So very timely and true! I appreciate these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an excellent point: "if no one is wrong, neither is anyone right."

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pastor recently did a sermon on tolerance. I find myself turning back to my notes from his sermon quite a bit. You've shared wonderful words. Thank you. Blessings,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wished these devotions could be sent via whatsapp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do your really think we can make Jesus ashamed of us when we loves us unconditionally? Don't think so! Impossible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, John. I believe what Jesus says in Mark 8:38:

      "If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...