Our culture is devolving, taking on more and more narcissistic* characteristics.
This is partly due to dis-proven self-esteem philosophies, and partly due to man's tendency to resist God's ways.
Below are 8 narcissistic characteristics and
✤ 8 Christian characteristics with Scripture.
It's good to periodically examine ourselves and let God's Word correct us (James 1:22-25; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
1. The narcissist refuses criticism.
✤ The Christian listens and heeds constructive criticism - Proverbs 15:31.
2. The narcissist uses people.
✤ The Christian considers others better than himself - Philippians 2:1-4.
3. The narcissist exaggerates her importance, achievements and talents.
✤ The Christian has a realistic view of herself (Romans 12:3).
4. The narcissist expects special consideration.
✤ The Christian focuses on treating others considerately (Romans 12:10).
5. The narcissist requires constant attention.
✤ The Christian draws attention to God, not self (Psalm 103).
See also: Self Esteem or God Esteem
6. The narcissist is often jealous.
✤ The Christian rejoices when others succeed (Romans 12:15).
7. The narcissist disregards people's feelings, lacks empathy.
✤ The Christian treats others as he wants to be treated (Matthew 7:12).
8. The narcissist is obsessively selfish.
✤ The Christian denies himself (Matthew 16:24).
See also: Accepting Correction Collection
source: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Did you like this devotion? Why not sign up to have a 1-Minute Bible Love Notes delivered to your email each weekday? It's free and you can find out more HERE.
For more on this devotion, check out today's Bite Size Bible Study.