Your Permanent Happy Place

In trying times, we often seek a "Happy Place." For the Christian, this can be a reality.

We've recently faced some challenging years in history, and it appears that we Christians are facing greater challenges in the future. 

In 2020 when we learned that Covid restrictions would interfere with our entertaining and travel, we reconfigured our living space. We moved our table from the dining room and replaced it with a love seat from another room. Why? Because it's the brightest spot in our home with the largest window, and we realized our need for plenty of light and views of God's creation.

We use it for morning coffee, quiet times, and conversation. No computers or television allowed. I soon began calling it our "happy place." 

But I didn't actually need to change my furniture because I have a permanent "happy place." And you do too, if you know the Lord.

We can always go to our Lord for greater "light" and better views of His love, for shelter and comfort, for rest and protection.

Enjoy the passages below and check out some of the encouraging 1-minute devotions linked. And snuggle up with the Lord whenever you feel the need for a "happy place."

Happy Place Passages 

In trying times, we often seek a "Happy Place." For the Christian, this can be a reality.
Psalm 9:9: "The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble." 

Psalm 17:8: "Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings." 

Psalm 27:5: "For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock."  

Psalm 31:19-20: "How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you. In the shelter of your presence you hide them from all human intrigues; you keep them safe in your dwelling from accusing tongues." 

Psalm 32:7: "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." 

Psalm 36:7: "How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings." 

Psalm 91:1-2: "Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'"

Psalm 119:114: "You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word." 

Zephaniah 3:17: "The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."

Happy Place 1-Minute Devotions  

This 1-minute devotion will make you feel deeply loved as it gives insights from Zephaniah 3:17.
  
Jesus gives us a 3-step answer to inner peace. This 1-minute devotion explains. 
 
This 1-minute devotion explains what may be Satan's most effective tool for distracting us from God's love. See if you agree.   
 
It may sound crazy, but read this devotion and see if you don't agree. Have you folded any socks lately?  
 
Do you know that God didn't simply "invent" compassion and comfort? This 1-minute devotion encourages you to ponder something far more incredible.  
 
When feeling rejected, mocked, abused, or lonely, you can be assured of this wonderful truth about Jesus. This 1-minute devotion explains.

Bible Love Notes

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas gift you have given us. All the verse are perfect.

    ReplyDelete