If I Planned Christ's Birth

God does things in ways we don't always understand. This 1-minute devotion explains.

If I were planning the birth of our Savior, I’d probably have had it happen somewhere wonderful, clean, and efficient, deserving of His position. 

But our God doesn’t do things that way. How precious was Christ’s coming in a stable. How fitting that humble shepherds were His first guests. It's not what I’d have planned, but so much better. God uses difficult, challenging things to birth great blessings (Isaiah 55:8-9; Romans 8:28-29). 

He did that for us in 2020. It was our 50 anniversary, and my husband and I had a fun year of travel planned. Then Covid hit, and our plans became impossible. Instead of a year filled with special events, we spent the quietest year of our lives. 

I wouldn't have planned it that way, but God used it bless us in so many quiet ways, and I can't help but wonder if He spared us from something even more difficult than the Covid isolation.

"God’s way is perfect. All the LORD’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection." ~ Psalm 18:30 

If I'd planned Christ's birth or 2020, they'd have gone more smoothly and easily. I'm so glad that God's ways are better than mine.


If you enjoy Bible Love Notes one-minute devotions, I think you'll enjoy my devotional Wisdom for Life.
 
It's a hard-cover book priced lower than most paperbacks.  Click the image to find out more. ~ Gail


God does things in ways we don't always understand. This 1-minute devotion explains.

God does things in ways we don't always understand. This 1-minute devotion explains.





Bible Love Notes

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful encouragement to do something positive and be thankful to the Lord for the things in our lives! Thank you!! Especially this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoroughly enjoyed today's blog! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete