God can heal our heartaches if we give them to Him...
It's not good to pull scabs from wounds. We need to let them heal.
It's not good to "pull scabs" from heartaches. We need to let them heal.
Why do we "pull" at heartaches?
1. Because they confuse us.
2. Because we want our heart to quit hurting.
3. Because we want to make it right.
We need to give our confusion, pain, and expectations to God (Psalm 55:22).
If there are things we need to do, God will tell us. He isn't shy about convicting us of sin or giving us guidance. He won't leave us in the dark.
But sometimes He simply asks us to rest in Him and leave the scab alone so it will heal.
How can we leave it alone?
1. By interrupting our sad/mad/confused thoughts with Scriptures, prayers, thanksgiving, or praise. (See "I Can't Change")
2. By renewing our minds in God's Word regularly. (See "Aggressive Renewal")
3. By crying out to God in prayer. (See "Feeling Forgotten")
Some heartaches leave scars, but even scars can make us stronger, when we use them to help others (2 Corinthians 1:3-7).