3 Questions Every Christian Must Answer

If you're analytical, always trying to figure out Biblical concepts, you'll enjoy this devotion. How would you answer the 3 questions it asks about faith? #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

I’m analytical.

Before I became a Christian, I wanted to have God all figured out. But eventually, I laid down my questions and followed my Savior. No looking back.

I’m still analytical. I love studying Scripture and addressing hard questions.

Recently, after quite a bit of study, I remained confused about a Bible concept. I jokingly told my husband I need "The Bible for Dummies."(1)

Only later did I realize that such a book exists.

Actually, God’s Word is already designed for dummies. I use “dummies” in the dearest sense here, meaning we're incapable of fully understanding our all-knowing, all-wise God.

We’re finite, limited beings, still “putting off” our sinful nature (Ephesians 4:22-24). 

God is infinite, unlimited, and perfect (Romans 11:33).

We’ll never fully understand God. He’s too big. We’re too small. We’ll always have some questions.(2)

That’s where faith comes in (Hebrews 11:1):

1. Do I trust God’s character (Psalm 145:17)? 
2. Do I trust Him with my unanswered questions (Job 38)? 
3. Do I trust that He’s given me all the understanding I need (2 Peter 1:3)?

I do. 

Do you?

P.S. If you’re analytical like me, maybe you’ll enjoy 1 Corinthians 13:12 as much as I do.
------------
(1) The "For Dummies" books are a series of books that are supposed to help people understand complex or difficult subjects. I'm not promoting this series, just mentioning it. 
(2) There are also a great many things about God we can discover, and they help us live more fully and contentedly as believers. So, even though we won't fully understand every aspect of the gospel, we should still make it our goal to be Life-long Students of Jesus. 

FREE E-BOOKLET:
Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet that will help you add joy and depth to your Quiet Time. Find out more HERE.



If you're analytical, always trying to figure out Biblical concepts, you'll enjoy this devotion. How would you answer the 3 questions it asks about faith? #BibleLoveNotes #Bible


Bible Love Notes

1 comment: