Monday

Disobedience is Unbelief

obeying God, true faith
"I know it's the honest thing, but I can't afford to do it right now." 

Ever heard someone say something like this? 

I admit I sometimes wish I could bypass Scriptural principles, but God's Spirit reminds me that disobedience is unbelief

Ignoring God's commands is ignoring God Himself because His principles flow from His character. 

Disobedience is doubting that God is holy, wise, and loving. 

Satan told Eve God's law didn't apply to her. She'd be better off ignoring it. She doubted God's character, believed the Liar and learned that the wages of sin is death

And mankind has followed in her footsteps ever since, thinking sin is easy and pleasant when it's actually difficult and destructive. 

We may think we can't afford to obey God, but the truth is that we can't afford not to.

"In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome" 1 John 5:3 



IMAGE: STOCKVAULT
Would you like to do a short, Bite Size Study on this devotion? Check it out HERE.






2 comments:

  1. Another truth-filled post, Gail! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail, I just listened to your Bible Love Notes for the first time and it was like having a visit with you! It's so nice to hear your voice, I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...