Pause, Ask, and Listen

There are some important things to remember when sharing Christ. This 1-minute devotion explains.
 
I hate to admit it, but I've sometimes shared Christ without pausing, asking questions, and listening.

In personal conversations, we share Christ more effectively if we first understand the background and concerns of those to whom we're speaking. One important way to do this is to ask good questions before giving good answers. 

Jesus used questions to get his listeners' attention. He knew the answers, but His questions made people think and prepared their hearts to receive gospel truths. For example:

“Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Matthew 12:48 

“Who do you say I am?” Matthew 16:15

“What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?” Matthew 22:42 

“Why do you call me good?” Luke 18:19

“Do you want to get well?” John 5:6 

“Simon son of John, do you love me?” John 21:17

In Acts 8:30–31, Philip hears the Ethiopian eunuch reading Isaiah, and he begins his conversation with this question: "Do you understand what you are reading?" 

The result: the eunuch invites Philip to explain, and the eunuch joyfully accepts the Lord as his Savior!

God prepares hearts. 

When we share Christ, let's pause, ask good questions, and listen. Everyone needs Jesus, but each person is unique in their search for Him. 

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

To read more about sharing Christ, check out the collection of 1-minute devotions Sharing Christ

There are some important things to remember when sharing Christ. This 1-minute devotion explains.

 
Bible Love Notes

4 comments:

  1. Gail, this is such a great reminder....thank you. I am asking God to somehow give you an idea of how your Bible Love Notes impact your readers on a daily basis. He is using you, dear friend, to make a big difference in the lives of those who seek to honor Him! Thank you for investing your time, talents, faith, creativity, and prayers into this wonderful ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail! I hope you are having a wonderful time in your travels!

    This is a great reminder, as Kim said. I often barge on ahead and talk and talk. I don't wait for others to chime in. It's probably the same in prayer. Talk, talk, talk. But God wants me to give him a chance to fill me with his wisdom. He wants to 'translate' my day, and his word. I need to listen!
    Blessings, Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on spot! Thank you for talking about a problem that is common but not spoken about enough! I pray The Lord give you more wisdom and revelation to share with the Body of Christ! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete