Thursday

Purity and Prayer

Repentance, blocked prayers, Bible, prayer
I opened my Bible and prayer journal but couldn't pray.

I was angry. 

How could I expect to hear from God when I was already ignoring His conviction to repent and apologize for my anger? 

"Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven ... and in whose spirit is no deceit ... your hand was heavy upon me ... Then I acknowledged my sin to you ... and you forgave the guilt of my sin ... Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found ... you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalm 32:1,4-7 

No one is completely pure. We all have sins we haven't yet acknowledged. 

But when we're aware of God's conviction, we cannot ignore it and remain in right relationship with Him. 

Repentance is a key to healthy, effective prayer, so let's develop a habit of thoughtful self-examination every time we pray. 

Have you experienced times when un-confessed sin blocked your prayers?
Image: microsoft office download

3 comments:

  1. This is so timely. I want to make this a part of my life. Thank you and please pray for me and my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lift you and your family today, Monique, and ask the you will receive God's wisdom, comfort and mercies in a fuller way each day. God bless you,
      Gail

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much it means a lot to me! God bless you and your family Gail.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...