I'm Not Listening

I love the wonderful way God revealed the meaning of Psalm 66 to me. All it took was a little girl and a muffin.

You can also listen to this devotion on You Tube: I'm Not Listening.

Sitting in a coffee shop, I was pondering Psalm 66:18-20:
"If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened."

I didn't fully understand how God could stop listening.

Just then, a mother and daughter sat down at the booth next to me. 

The little girl climbed happily into her mom's lap and began eating a muffin.

“Don’t take such big bites,” her mother warned, “You’ll make yourself sick.”

To my surprise, the child glanced at her mom defiantly and stuffed the rest of the muffin into her small mouth.

“Time out!” her mom said moving her from her lap to a chair. “You didn’t listen to me.”

With a mouth full of muffin, the child began protesting.

“I’m not listening,” her mother responded.

Aha! That's what Psalm 66 means.

When we defy God, He puts us in “time out” to get our attention. He still loves us, but He stops "listening" until we are ready to give up our rebellion and climb back into His lap.

💙💙💙💙

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word: Wisdom for Life. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE 
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

I love the wonderful way God revealed the meaning of Psalm 66 to me. All it took was a little girl and a muffin.




7 comments:

  1. I love this illustration! It makes all the sense in the world. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a vivid illustration of this Psalm, Gail!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your small devotions are always packed with alot of insight,wisdom and encouragement 😀 thankyou. God has definately prepared you for the task ahead and this ministry He has given you in reaching so many. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great analogy of God's unconditional & never ending love he has for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen.Thanks for the enlightment. It makes clear sense to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glory to God. Lord let there be no hindrances in us that distance us from you. Let us be very sensitive about the things that displeased you. Help us to live for you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great illustration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete