Friday

Progress and Prayer

Recording Answered Prayer, Prayer, Bible, Answered Prayer, Psalm 103
We were traveling to another city on the coast of Croatia after breakfast. Before leaving, I journaled and asked God to make me a good witness to the owners of the room we were renting in the next city. 

When we arrived, the landlords surprised us by asking us to spend the next afternoon with them. It was such a clear answer to my prayer, and I recorded it in my prayer journal. 

I write on one side of each journal page and use the blank page across from it to record progress, insights, or answers. 

Otherwise, I'm prone to forget how often God says "yes" to something I've prayed. And I'm apt to forget how often His "no" answers have saved me from something stupid. 

"Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me." Psalm 103:2 (NLT) 

Are you in the habit of recording God's answers?

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting Gail - be safe, be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you have a wonderful trip! Thanks for hosting & God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I write (type) my prayers, Gail, and have done that for well over three yeas. So I do see God's answers that way, but I haven't been faithful lately to look back over them. So I'm grateful for this reminder to do that and am lifting you up in this your continued adventures in Croatia! So grateful that God is going before you and encouraging you with the people you meet with and pray for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea of writing progress on the other side of the journal! Will miss your linkup party! God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am overseas--in the Arabian (Persian) Gulf area for now. Linking up is hit or miss! Enjoy Budapest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely faith journal that will be to you, as you continue to see God's faithfulness to you in it! How lovely of them to ask you to spend the day with them. What a marvelous opportunity! Thanks for continuing to share how it's going over there and thanks for hosting again today and thanks for all the past hosting that you've done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not in the habit but should be! Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful way to journal! Gail, I have so enjoyed finding your blog & this linkup. Thank you for your faithfulness to Him & to all of us. May He continue to be with you as you travel, keep you safe & continue to use you mightily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Journaling is a great way to witness and remember God's activity in our lives! I love your idea of putting the prayer request on one side of the journal, and then tracking the progress on the corresponding page! Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...