90% of the Time We're Wrong

Matthew 6:34, don't worry about tomorrow
"I’ve experienced many terrible things in my life, a few of which actually happened."   

You’ve probably heard the saying: “90% of what we worry about will never happen.” And worry doesn’t solve anything the other 10% of the time either. It’s a parasite that sucks the life out of us. 

Matthew 6:34 says “do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

God knows we have troubles, and He tells us we can handle them one day at a time with His help. But when we project our problems into the future, they seem impossible. That's because we leave out the comfort, hope, growth and strength God will give us tomorrow. 

Whatever problems you have, lay them at Christ's feet today. When you arrive at tomorrow, do the same. Christ will always be there to take them.
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 

Sign up for a free subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes below: 
Enter your email address AND BE SURE TO VALIDATE THE FEEDBURNER EMAIL SENT TO YOUR INBOX:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Matthew 6:34, don't worry about tomorrow
uu

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this reminder! Love the Mark Twain quote too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much. I'm a worrier and catastrophic thinker. I need to read this daily until I believe it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this. I need to read it everyday until I believe it. I am a worrier and catastrophic thinker. That is one of my favorite bible verses too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this lesson! How I wish I had learned it so much earlier in life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these...I would Tweet them daily but your Twitter button never
    works..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know about this Twitter problem and I need to get it fixed. Thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
  6. I love that quote from Mark Twain! we do not need to worry about tomorrow since god can take care of us each day! thank you for this powerful lesson, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm terrible at doing this, must remember to give it to The Lord xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...