Friday

Repent & Re-prioritize - King David's Key to a Healthy Faith

Why God Still Called David Godly After Bathsheba
It's not about being sinless, it's about being repentant...

"The best and the worst things you hear about him are both true." 
Sir Thomas Blamey writing about General McArthur

My husband read this quote in a military history book. When he shared it, I thought "how true this is for all of us."

If you polled all the people who've known me, you'd get both good and bad reports. A few would give unfair criticisms, but a good number of negative criticisms about me would be true.  

Think of King David. He did awful and wonderful things in his life, but his life is remembered as godly because he had a remarkable ability to repent and re-prioritize his relationship with the Lord.

The same is true for us. We are going to sin, disappoint, and get off track at times. And the wisest way to deal with our sins and mistakes is to repent and re-prioritize.

As David, may we say: Create in us pure hearts, O God, and renew steadfast spirits within us. Grant us willing spirits (Psalm 51:10-12). 

12 comments:

  1. One day when I was ranting st the girls, my son was recording my loud carrying on! What an embarrasment when he played it back for us. I know God has one of those recorders too, and I hope he has erased all my bad times as I don't want them replayed. :-) Thanks for the invite to your glorious site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail,
    When I read the sad parts of King David's life, it's hard to believe that the Lord saw him as a man after his own heart. It's a beautiful testimony and a wonderful encouragement to me, however when I fail so miserably. It reminds me that there's always a way back to God, and no one can ever be too far gone. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And David was called a man after God's own heart! Thanks so much for hosting again today, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very true all that. :)

    thanks for stopping by my blog Gail, your comments were encouraging. :)

    annette @ A Net in Time
    http://anetintimeschooling.weebly.com/a-net-in-time-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Gail,
    I would love to link up with you, but I would be breaking your rules. I do not even have a button for my Blog! I do enjoy your posts and I have had you on my Blog Roll for a long time. I pray that alone brings your ministry some traffic.
    Happy First Day Of Summer!!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you can link up, Roxy. What an honor to be on your blog roll. Thanks

      Delete
  6. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this post- serious LOVE. Having this view of people makes it easier to forgive them and myself. It is TOTALLY true of all of us that there are some people who will sing our praise and others who would not. All we can do is live for the audience of One and try to make right what we can. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks, Ren...your insights are good ones...our audience of One...yes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gail I so loved this post....thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gail,

    Your thoughts are true about the good and bad in us. Repenting comes a little easier now that I've been doing it for many years; but, sometimes we're blind to what we're doing. That's when the dear Holy Spirit shakes us up a bit.

    Thanks,
    Laura
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gail,
    thank you for visiting my site. Brought me to yours..which I love. I am a new follower...(and linked up an old post this week.) -aimee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...