Thanks! I Needed That!

When we get in a slump and start worrying instead of growing, these 6 truths from Matthew 6 and Philippians 4 can get us back on track.

Getting back on track when you're facing challenges and sorrows...

I was talking to a Christian sister and fretting about some problems.

My friend suggested I read some of the devotions I write. 😊

Sometimes we need friends to get us back on track. Just because we know the truth doesn't mean we obey it. That's why honest friendships are invaluable (Proverbs 27:6; see We Need Friends, Not Fans.)

After talking with my friend, I headed for my Bible and God spoke volumes through these two passages: 

Matthew 6:25-34 

1. I'm loved by God (v. 26).

2. He knows my needs (v. 32). 

3. I can handle one day at a time as long as I don't project my problems into the future (v. 34). 

Philippians 4:4-9 

4. Rejoicing in my salvation is important (v. 4). 

5. Prayer overcomes anxiety (v. 6). 

6. Thanksgiving is essential because dwelling on my blessings brings peace and perspective (vv. 6-9).

Thanks, sis, I needed that!

See 90% of the Time We're Wrong to get more Scriptural advice about worry.

Want to do a quick Bible study on this devotion? Then head over to Bite Size Bible Study.


When we get in a slump and start worrying instead of growing, these 6 truths from Matthew 6 and Philippians 4 can get us back on track.
 

When we get in a slump and start worrying instead of growing, these 6 truths from Matthew 6 and Philippians 4 can get us back on track.

Bible Love Notes

6 comments:

  1. Sister advice taken and given = LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 'sis', I needed that too! Hope and pray that you have a wonderful week. John 14:27

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three cheers for sisters and for truth from God's Word.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Bible passages and great promises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I the picture of you with your sisters. What a neat (that word dates me, lol) idea to wear similar colors. What good advice to read your own blog. I do the same thing. I write out of my own need and find it blesses others as well as me.

    ReplyDelete