Friday

God's Tear Bottles

God cares deeply for us, Psalms, tears
Imagine someone so concerned and involved in your life that they were there whenever you cried, and they wiped every tear from your eye.

Now go one step further…imagine that person actually caught each tear in a bottle and recorded your sorrow in a ledger.

The Psalmist identifies God as that kind of friend:
“You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.”   Psalm 56:8 NLT

In the next verse, the Psalmist says, “This I know: God is on my side.”

Sometimes when I shed tears, I feel alone. I even blame God for my sorrows at times, or I wallow in self-pity, bitterness or hopelessness.

And during those times when I am working against God’s purposes in my life, God is always there, calling me back to repentance, forgiveness, and hope.

Today I’m thanking God that even when I’m not on my side…He is!

Would you like to subscribe to Bible Love Notes and receive a one-minute devotion in your email box each weekday? Use the Subscribe box on the upper right sidebar. Subscribing is free!


Don't miss the final Grandparenting article in this series about Creating Fun Traditions for children and grandchildren.

5 comments:

  1. Amen, I'm so grateful for a merciful God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful, touching and uplifting post. Thank you! What a different world this would be if EVERYONE embraced the truth of God's person love for each of us...we are NEVER alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This verse has a special place in my heart. It moves me knowing he keeps my tears in a bottle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...