Mother Earth or Earthly Mothers?

Often people talk the talk without walking the walk. It's true when it comes to Mother Earth and Earthly Mothers. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

While younger generations are more likely to talk passionately about "Mother Earth," some studies show they are less likely to "buy green" than those over 55. 

Many of us have the same inconsistency when it comes to respecting our earthly mothers. We talk like we care, but we don't give much time or effort to prove it.

I speak from experience. It took me years before I realized that God’s fifth commandment was not only good for my parents and in-laws, but also good for me.

"'Honor your father and mother'—which is the first commandment with a promise— 'so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.'" Ephesians 6:2-3*

Environmental respect is a good thing, but Mother Earth didn’t make it into the Ten Commandments, and earthly mothers (and fathers) did.

Are you ready to champion the causes that God champions? If so, ask God for specific ways you can act on His priorities this week.
---------------------
*The fifth commandment, first stated in Exodus 20:12, is restated in Ephesians 6:2-3.

If you'd like to be a better adult child, check out the Honoring Parents archive of 1-Minute devotions. 


Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.


-----------------
Often people talk the talk without walking the walk. It's true when it comes to Mother Earth and Earthly Mothers. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Bible Love Notes

1 comment:

  1. Good post...and that reminds me...I was going to call my mother :-) I know as a mother I like it when my children enjoy being around me and the same goes for me showing my mother I care.

    ReplyDelete