Women's Intuition

Is the concept of "women's Intuition" biblical? Actually the question is bigger than that. This short devotion explains.

“I think we should do it,” my husband said.

“I don’t.” 

“Why? It seems to make sense to me.”

“I can’t explain why,” I answered, “I just don’t have a good feeling about it.”

This has happened several times in my marriage during decision-making, and my husband has learned to value my “women’s intuition.”

He hasn’t always made the decision based on my input, nor have I always been right, but I’ve learned it’s important to share what I’m feeling with him.

I'm not sure if women's intuition is a biblical concept, but it's biblical to consider each other's opinions and concerns (Philippians 2:1-4).

Submission is also a biblical principle, but it doesn’t mean wives should always agree with their husbands. It means that once the decision is made we accept it, and we don't say “I told you so!” if things don't turn out well.

Have you heard this saying?: “If you and your husband always agree, then one of you is unnecessary!”

It’s amusing, but true! God created men and women--masculine and feminine perspectives. Obviously, our world needs both, and so does our marriage.
----------------------
Pertinent Scriptures:
Is the concept of "women's Intuition" biblical? Actually the question is bigger than that. This short devotion explains.
If a husband genuinely loves his wife, he will listen to her concerns, but she will accept his decision unless his decision isn't fitting in the Lord (if it violates Scripture).

Colossians 3:18-19:Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.

Ephesians 5:22-25: Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.  For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her...

I would love to have you subscribe to my 1-minute devotions. See a sample on my home page and find out how easy it is to sign up for a free subscription HERE.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so right there with you, my friend! Great post and thanks for linking it to The Alabaster Jar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intuition is a special gift from God and, yes, women seem to be more endowed with it than men. We can develop advanced intuition by sitting quietly and just listening to his voice. Time after time I’ve known things without knowing through the ordinary 5 senses, just a deep gut feeling that warns, cautions, or just the opposite. It's also the venue through which the Holy Spirit guides and instructs.

    Happy Memorial Day!
    ~ Debra

    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com/2012/05/sitzfleisch-and-flash.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true! I think it's okay to have an opinion and share insight... but it all comes down to having the right attitude when we share those ideas with our husbands :o) God is faihtful to help us out!
    Blessings!
    Found you via God's Most Precious!
    Megan at www.increasemyhunger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so true..My husband and I have had many conversations such as your. Thank you for the insight and love that quote!

    ReplyDelete