1. On a pin about sharing Christ: "Why not share the facts? Oh, that's right, you don't have any."
2. On a pin about trusting God in bad circumstances: "Until he causes a flood and you're not on the boat."
It's true that faith is "assurance about what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:1), but we have abundant evidence of God's existence and goodness:
- in creation (Romans 1:18-20).
- in our innate understanding of good and evil (Romans 2:13-14).
- in the lives of millions of men and women throughout history (Hebrews 11).
- in the fact that Christianity has produced far more charitable endeavors than atheism.
Today let's take a moment to thank God we're "on the boat" and pray that this atheist will give up his faith in foolishness (Psalms 14:1) and climb on board too.
P.S. I've prayed about handling rude comments, and I've felt that it's usually best to delete them. On rare occasion, I've felt led to respond, but this man's criticisms were broad and cynical. I didn't believe he was in a place to listen at this point. But we can pray for him!
LISTEN to this devotion below. If you can't get the audio on Internet Explorer, try another browser.
Subscribers need to click the link in the title and come to the Bible Love Notes site. Thanks.