4 Reasons God May be "Silent" and 3 Things to Do About It

4 Reasons it sometimes seems like God is silent and 3 things to do when this happens. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Have you ever felt God was silent when you desperately needed answers, comfort, or direction?

The psalmists sometimes felt this way (Psalm 13).

Why does this happen?

1. Perhaps we've ignored God's previous advice and He's waiting for us to obey the last step before giving us the next (James 1:22).

2. Perhaps He's testing our faith to see if it's strong enough to weather periods of silence (1 Peter 1:6-7).

3. Perhaps He wants us to learn perseverance (Romans 5:1-5).

4. Perhaps it's simply a sign that God's ways and wisdom are far beyond our understanding and what we call silence isn't really silence at all (Isaiah 55:8-9).

So what should we do?

1. Judge our actions honestly, and repent or obey if we've failed in some area.

2. If God brings no sin to our minds, be content that God has His purposes in "silence."

3. Continue to trust and wait.

Let's use times of silence to grow in whatever ways God has planned for us.
 ______________

If you're active on any of the social networks, I hope you'll help spread God's Word by following 1-Minute Bible Love Notes:
Facebook      Pinterest   Twitter    Instagram
------------------------ 

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. You can read the first 4 devotions in the book by clicking "look inside" on Lifeway or AmazonIn addition, you can buy the book in Kindle format on Amazon and as an ebook on other sites.
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

This 1-minute devotion features 4 Reasons it sometimes seems like God is silent and 3 things to do when this happens.

 


This 1-minute devotion features 4 Reasons it sometimes seems like God is silent and 3 things to do when this happens.


Bible Love Notes

5 comments:

  1. Such practical and good advice. I know I've been in this situation, wondering why I haven't heard from God.
    Your references will come in handy, when I'm questioning the silence.
    Grest post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was helpful, Christine.
      I have definitely been in this situation myself.
      Gail : )

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this post. This is where I have been lately - feeling like God is mad at me and ignoring me

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is where I'm at right now. I'm going through some difficult things. The possibility of being kicked out of my apartment is very real, even though my rent is not behind. They lost my rent check. :( Anyway, God has been silent. THIS is the time when it's a struggle to 'be still and wait on God'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you are facing difficult times right now, Dreama. I pray that your rent check will be found and God will use this situation for your good (Rom.8:28).

      Delete