Why Did God Allow This to Happen?

Why Did God Allow This to Happen?  This 1-minute devotion offers several important examples and addresses the question of why bad things happen to good people.  #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

During the years we did ministry overseas, I broke my ankle, tore my pcl,* and got a terrible case of food poisoning. My husband had his wallet pick-pocketed, and we lost a huge sum of money. 

My friend Kim had a major accident on her way home from a trip to raise funds for her ministry to at-risk elderly.

Corrie Ten Boom, holocaust survivor with a life-changing message, suffered a stroke that left her unable to speak the last 5 years of her life.

After 45 years of difficult mission work in China, Jonathan Goforth went blind.

Steve Saint's father was martyred when he was five and Steve suffered a serious spinal cord injury while developing missionary equipment.

Why?

I don't know. 

But this I do know: “all things [big and small] God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
 

If something in your life doesn’t make sense, trust this promise!

"We know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose." (Romans 8:28, AMP).

---------------
*posterior cruciate ligament 

Each highlighted word is linked to a devotion about that person or subject.


Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

Why Did God Allow This to Happen?  This 1-minute devotion offers several important examples and addresses the question of why bad things happen to good people.  #BibleLoveNotes #Bible


13 comments:

  1. Quote Gail - "But this I do know: “all things [big and small] God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28, NIV).

    If something in your life doesn’t make sense, trust this promise!"

    ((( AMEN )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, I am so sorry you got injured. We certainly do not understand why many things happen; but we must look at the bigger picture and see it could have been so much worse. Honestly, I think when satan knows what you are up to, he tries to cause trouble because he knows his days are numbered by Almighty God! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we need to learn to surrender to the mysteries of God. And this is a great reminder, Gail, that many things in life just don't make sense this side of eternity. I do know that they strengthen my faith, so maybe that's enough. Thanks for your thought-provoking post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never ever understand how it was for anyone's good that my daughter was killed in an auto accident at age 20. She was studying architecture in college and wanted to be a missionary and design decent low cost housing....for 14 years now my heart has been shattered. I know it will not be complete until I am reunited with her in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry for your loss, Leslie. I pray you will find God's comfort even though there are no answers for such an untimely death.

      Delete
  5. Gail, I love this post. I remember reading about Tom Dooley, a great missionary who died at an early age in the 60's. I couldn't understand this at the time. Trusting in the promise of Romans 8:28 answers the questions for me. God does know what he is doing, and it will be GOOD in his time, not ours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!!! this is EXACT for me...RIGHT now. I moved recently, (for financial reasons) to a new state, all by myself. I know no one. I have had some issues with elevation and trying to get settled. Then 2 weeks ago a had a bad fall while walking my dog. I landed right on my face!!! I broke my nose in 3 spots, have facial road rash, took a chunk out of my lip and cheek, and did some damage to my orbital eye socket!!! My sunglasses' nose pad went into my upper nose forehead area and I needed 6 stitches. With blood everywhere I did ask, "God why did you allow this?.... I am trying so hard!"
    AND very quickly I thought about Romans 8:28. No, I still don't have an answer. BUT!!!! seeing this post is the best boost any pity party can have!!! My face is solid black and blue but amazingly I have no pain....I even drove myself to the ER...soaked with blood everywhere.
    Thanks sooo very much for this post...you never know when you've made someone's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Addie,
      I pray that God has given you wisdom, hope and joy seeing his Romans 8:28 purposes revealed.

      Delete
  7. I may never understand Him but I fully trust Him and surrendering everything to Him. Seek first the kingdom of God and ALL these things will be added unto you.. I just trust God and believe in Him that in His due time He will deliver us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have hung onto this verse tightly for a long time. I am 62, what troubles me still, ( and probably will do to the day the Lord calls me home,)when people say ...." thank God, it could have been a lot worse! If God gets the credit for preventing a catastrophy, from being worse than it was, why do we not give him the same acknowlegement for allowing? the thing to happen at all.....still hanging on to Romans8:28

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Unknown,
      So many questions have no answers here on earth. Hang on to that Romans 8:28 promise. God bless you.

      Delete
  9. Revelation 18:5-6 can help for vengeance. Babilonia is responsible.God bless

    ReplyDelete