We face spiritual battles daily and these principles from the story of David and Goliath can help:
1. Expect negative feedback when you attempt to conquer a giant (17:28-31). Be sure to ignore it! (Read a 1-minute explanation on dealing with doubters here: Don't Listen to Doubters.)
2. Be faithful in the smaller, daily trials so you'll have confidence to defeat the giants (17:34-37). (Read a 1-minute explanation of this "weapon" here: When Little Things are Big Things.)
3. Use your gifts, no matter how insignificant they seem, but be sure to combine them with faith (17:38-40). Read a 1-minute explanation of this weapon here: Small Stones Kill Giants
4. Respond to the enemy's trash talk with Truth Talk in God's name, not your name (17:41-47). Read a 1-minute explanation of this "weapon" here: Trash Talk - Truth Talk.
5. Be proactive in your faith. Strike first (17:48-49).
Read a 1-minute explanation of this "weapon" here: Strike First!
If we do these things, God may use Satan's own weapons to defeat him (17:50-51).
Would you like to study this passage of Scripture? It's full of action and principles and you can find the full text on Bite Size Bible Study HERE.
Linked to Modest Mom