Battleground or Playground?

"Men think of the world not as a battleground, but as a playground"  ~A.W. Tozer (1)

It's easy for Christians to focus on the good life instead of the good fight. 

This happens when we lose our eternal perspective and live as if there's no heaven, only the here and now.


We need Scriptural reminders that we are not home yet. Our purpose on earth is to do God's will, prepare our hearts for heaven, and share the Good News with others (Hebrews 11:13-16). 
"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." 1 Timothy 4:8-10, NIV
There are many blessings to enjoy in this life, but we must never forget it's our battleground, not our playground.

(1) A.W. Tozer, This World: Playground or Battleground, page 1,2

Sign up below to have 1-minute Bible Love Notes sent to your email box each weekday...it's free.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you have so many beautiful blogs I did not know where to go. Thank you so much for the sweet comment it means so much to me to receive encouragement in this time. I am so happy you commented so I found your awesome blogs~! How in the world do you maintain 3?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tesha, for your kind comments. I'm so glad I found your lovely blog and so glad you found mine! Actually, one of the blogs on my profile is one I'm temporarily helping a friend set up (Elder Orphan Care) and the WOW blog is one I edit...so I don't write all the content for it. But it does keep me busy with grandkids and other fun things to do!

      Delete
  2. Love Tozer's words of wisdom. Thanks for posting them. God does give us "all things richly to enjoy" while on this earth, but more to live for than playing on a playground!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...