According to research, music is “deeply personal, and it can reveal something about our very identities…part of our identity—how we define ourselves and how we identify friends.” (source)
Music strongly influences society and human behavior. “Songs have the power to change the world in unexpected ways, challenging preconceived notions.” (source)
Music is God’s creation and Scripture is filled with wonderful purposes for it.
🎵 “Be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord.” Ephesians 5:18-19
🎵 “Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.” Psalm 95:1
🎵 “I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.” Psalm 104:33
Studies show that music has healing power, helping people recover from both physical and emotional problems. (source)
But Satan also uses music in powerful ways to deceive people and draw them away from God. Because I wasn’t saved until I was 24, I admit that I listened to music indiscriminately. And I’ve learned to be careful not only about the words but also the attitudes and beliefs of the recording artist.
Music can be used for good or evil. Let’s make sure we are filling our minds with that which is healthy for our spirits.
🎜🎜🎜
Part of discernment is understanding that the beliefs and character of musicians matter. They affect us in positive and negative ways. For some warnings, see:
If you want to know if the rock music you listen to is healthy, please check out Good Fight Ministries. Their research offers helpful insights and warnings. My husband and I got rid of some of the “oldies” we used to listen to after finding out the spirit behind them.





No comments:
Post a Comment