Amy Grant Explains the Ex-vangelical Definition of Love

Amy Grant expresses the popular "Progressive Christian" or Ex-vangelical definitions of Jesus and Love.

The “progressive
Christian movement rejects biblical definitions of love, and they have some powerful spokespersons.

In a 2021 interview, well-known recording artist Amy Grant addressed the issue of homosexuality and said, “It doesn’t matter how we behave. It doesn’t matter how we’re wired. We’re all our best selves when we believe to our core: ‘I’m loved.’ And then our creativity flourishes… When we’re loved, we’re brave enough to say yes to every good impulse that comes to us.” (source)

Grant's words deny these Scriptural truths: 

✔ God’s design is heterosexual marriage (Genesis 5:2; Matthew 19:4-5). 

✔ Gay lifestyles are sinful, unnatural, and soul-damaging (Romans 1:16-32). 

✔ No one living a sinful lifestyle is saved (1 Corinthian 6:91 John 3:6).

✔ We should never trust our human impulses (Proverbs 3:5; Proverbs 28:26; Jeremiah 17:9; Mark 7:21-22).

In 2022, Grant hosted her niece’s same-sex wedding and she explained, “Honestly, from a faith perspective, I do always say, ‘Jesus, you just narrowed it down to two things: love God and love each other.’ I mean, hey, that’s pretty simple.” (source)

It is pretty simple but Grant has missed it.

Love for God: “Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me” John 14:21 

Love for Man“Warn each other every day, while it is still 'today,' so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.” Hebrews 3:13 

💙💙💙

Amy Grant expresses the popular "Progressive Christian" or Ex-vangelical definitions of Jesus and Love.

For a fuller explanation of biblical love and how it contradicts the progressive Christian definition, read 1 John 2

To read more about the progressive Christian movement, see Wilderness Wanderers

It's important to understand that all New Testament commands are Christ's commands, not just those He verbalized. See Only Christ's Words? 

Did You Know there's a Passage in Scripture that Addresses Gay Pride? This one-minute devotion succinctly explains this important passage.

To see the many Scriptures that warn against homosexuality, see Biblical Teaching on Homosexuality.

There was a time I greatly enjoyed Amy Grant's music. I'm sad to see that she has walked away from biblical beliefs which I thought she once held. This seems to be especially prevalent in the Christian music industry. See Trendy Apostasy: Marty Sampson.

Image of Amy Grant: By Angela George, CC BY-SA 3.0

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

For solid Bible teachings, I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word: Wisdom for Life. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE 
 
I also encourage you to sign up or a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Saddens me too, Gail. Her music was very formative for me but I saw this change in her coming about the time she crossed over to mainstream music. It seems to be yet another example of how bad company corrupts good morals.

    As a sinner saved by grace, I too want to love sinners like Jesus loves sinners. But I also want to believe and live out God's word and teachings--never watering it down to what makes me or others "comfortable" or, as she put it, inspires "creativity." That's a sure sign she is being deceived by the evil one, who's creative approach to bending the truth knows no bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your comment and insights, Beth. Yes, it saddens me as well, and we are seeing a great deal of this "walking away" in our world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a young believer, Amy Grant was one of my favorite artists, but over time, as I grew in my faith, I struggled with Amy because I did not see the same in her. Over time I began to realize that those who are in the entertainment spotlight can get caught up in the desire to expand their popularity. But to achieve this, they unfortunately choose to compromise the truth in exchange for popularity. The same can be said of some popular preachers.

    ReplyDelete