Do You Know Which Are the 1st and 5th Most Popular Books in the Bible?

This short devotion lists the 10 most popular books in the Bible and offers insights about two on the list.

According to Bible Gateway, these are the ten most popular books in the Bible:

1. Psalms 
2. Matthew 
3. John 
4. Romans 
5. Proverbs
6. Genesis 
7. Luke 
8. 1 Corinthians 
9. Isaiah 
10. Acts

I can't name my favorite. Every book in God's Word has taught me new and wonderful things about God! 

While writing my devotional book Wisdom for Life I concentrated on the first and fifth most popular books, Psalms and Proverbs. And I grew to appreciate them even more than before. Let me share two poems I wrote about these "wisdom books":

Why I Love Psalms
I love to read the book of Psalms 
It’s more than poetry and songs 
It’s more than prophecy and praise 
It’s wisdom that directs my days

Why not read Psalm 119 today. It's long but worth every minute you invest in it. See Psalm 119: Worth All 176 Verses.

Why I Love Proverbs
Proverbs are relevant to all cultures throughout time 
Revealing God’s wisdom line upon line 
These insights and instructions are wonderful tools 
Preventing God’s people from behaving like fools 

Why not read the chapter in Proverbs that coincides with today's date. But be sure you don't make A Proverbial Mistake.
 
This short devotion lists the 10 most popular books in the Bible and offers insights about two on the list.
If you read the back story to my book (A Bible Love Notes Book in 2023), you'll learn how God brought it all about. Please join me in praying that Wisdom for Life helps people understand the relevance of Psalms and Proverbs and draws them closer to our Lord!

I love God's Word so much!!

💙💙💙

You can find out where to order Wisdom for Life and how to download the free Bible studies offered with purchase on this site: Wisdom for Life Devotional

You can read the first four devotions in Wisdom for Life on Lifeway or Amazon by clicking "look inside" or "read sample."
 
To find out where you can order it in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, South Africa, and the Philippines, see It's Not for the Money

I pray it will bless you!!

Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment