Psalm 119—176 Verses Filled with Wisdom, Comfort, and Instruction

this devotion offers a fun and practical way to explore various elements in Psalm 119. It will give you a deeper appreciation for God's Word.

I enjoy reading psalms. They are so rich with wisdom, comfort, guidance, and poetry.


But sometimes when I'm going through the Psalms, I find Psalm 119 a bit overwhelming to read in one sitting. After all, it's the longest chapter in the Bible with 176 verses.

One time when traveling in Hungary, I decided to use a four-hour train ride to concentrate on Psalm 119. So I pulled out my journal and read the psalm three times. The first time I listed the benefits of God's Word. The second time I listed the descriptions of God's Word. And the third time I listed the psalmist's attitudes toward God's Word. 

It gave me a deeper appreciation for Scripture as I better understood how it guides, protects, restores, instructs, counsels, strengthens, comforts, delivers…

Well, I couldn't possibly fit all I learned into this one-minute devotion, but I want to encourage you to study Psalm 119 on your own. It's well worth your time.


 

You can start by checking out today's Bite Size Bible Study which explores the first eight verses. And this devotion based on Psalm 119 is also helpful to read: 3 Ways to Overcome Temptation.

 

And I hope you'll also check out my book Wisdom for Life because it shares wonderful insights about Psalms and Proverbs.

this devotion offers a fun and practical way to explore various elements in Psalm 119. It will give you a deeper appreciation for God's Word.

 
Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment