God's Book Changed My Life!

When I began to Read God's Book....It changed my life. This 1-minute devotion explains.

When I came to the Lord at age twenty-four, I was excited that God had written a book.(1) 

It was not like any human book. God's book immediately began changing my life. I was hearing so many mixed messages from our culture, messages about right and wrong, but it was all human opinion. 

God's book changes lives because it's not like human books. It's alive, speaking to the core of our being, judging our thoughts and attitudes (Hebrew 4:12). 

I did some “house cleaning” those first few months of reading God’s Word. I got rid of some music and books in my library because as my mind was being renewed, I was no longer comfortable with their content. I recognized my bad attitudes, and certain words disappeared from my speech (Romans 12:1-2).

God’s Spirit helped me understand God's book, and I was no longer like a ship in a storm blown back and forth by the whims of culture (John 16:13).

I trusted God’s book then, and I trust it even more these forty-some years later. It has never misguided me. Never. 

“The law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.” Psalm 19:7

💙💙💙💙💙💙

(1) See God Wrote Us a Book…Incredible! 

For more encouragement, please check out these 1-minute devotions:

Count on It!

Dwelling on Scripture

Eat the Comb


When I began to Read God's Book....It changed my life. This 1-minute devotion explains.

Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment