And that's what God did…He gave us His Word so we can:
- Avoid Shame: by knowing what the Word teaches. (2 Tim 2:15)
- Avoid Deception: by seeking to obey the Word. (James 1:22-25)
- Avoid Confusion: by checking everything against the Word. (Acts 17:11)
- Avoid Error: by accurately understanding false teachings and religions.* (Colossians 2:8)
God doesn’t want us to be ashamed, deceived, confused or lost, and that’s why He gives us His Word.
We can count on it. We can rest assured He will do what He says!
image: Free Digital Photos, imagerymajestic
* Some religions reject some/all of the Bible's teachings, consider books other than the Bible to be "God's Word," and/or change the Bible to suit their purposes. This is a rejection not only of God's Word but also the Author.