Do You Believe This Wonderful Truth?

Do you know this wonderful truth about your life and the lives of your children?

Do you understand that God knew you and had wonderful purposes for you before you were born? (Ephesians 2:10)

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." ~ Psalm 139:13-16

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart...” ~ Jeremiah 1:5

“God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace…” ~ Galatians 1:15

“This is what the LORD says— he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you…” ~ Isaiah 44:2

“Before I was born the LORD called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.” ~ Isaiah 49:1

“This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself…” ~ Isaiah 44:24

Are you grasping this clear, undeniable message? God knows each of us and prepares purposes for each of us before we're born.

“As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.” ~ Elizabeth, pregnant with John the Baptist, Luke 1:44

“Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.” ~ Psalm 127:3

Before I was a believer, I thought there were circumstances that justified abortion.(1)

I have a friend who thought the same thing and she acted on it, having two abortions. She's shared her incredible heartbreak and regret with me as she struggled for years before confessing her sin and finding comfort in Jesus. I'm opposed to abortion because I care about the babies and I care about their mothers. See Abortion Victims.

Tomorrow marks 49 years of legal abortion in the U.S.

Please pray about this "bloodguilt" on our land (Psalm 106:38) and the millions of women suffering from Post-Abortion Syndrome.


Some wonderful truths about God's love for us before we even saw the light of day.
Helpful Resources:

The Value God Places on Human Life is a collection of articles covering the subject of abortion.  I encourage you to go through these devotions during your quiet time this month. Better yet, do it with your small group or with your prayer partner, asking God to give you wisdom regarding abortion and asking Him what He expects you to say and do about it. Be sure to check out the newest devotions in this collection:   
⮞ Foolish Excuses talks about the latest pro-abortion argument discrediting adoption. 
⮞ It Won't Hold Water addresses the false teaching that Exodus 21:22 defines unborn babies as non-human! 
And I highly recommend reading the devotion called From VeggieTales to Situational Ethics because it explains the deceptive arguments used to persuade Christians to do nothing about abortion.

(1) Beware of this false argument for abortion.

"Life-of-the-mother": It has been legal since the 1800s to have an abortion when the life of the mother was genuinely threatened. Furthermore, many physicians claim it is never necessary to sacrifice the life of the mother due to advances in modern medicine. But pro-abortion groups continue to claim it's a reason for keeping abortion legal.

Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment