Didn't Know I Had It In Me!

Faith in God, Abraham offering Isaac, God asks us the impossible to prove we have faith
We only had 5 minutes to board the train in Frankfurt for our 12-hour trip to Budapest, so we stacked our four seventy-pound suitcases* by the track. 

But the train came in and stopped 200 yards away. 

My husband strapped a duffle on his back, grabbed two suitcases, and started running. I started after him with the remaining suitcase, but our two backpacks kept sliding off my shoulders slowing me down. 

When my husband boarded our assigned car in the middle of the train, he didn’t notice I hadn’t even reached the end of the train. I’ve always wondered how I got myself, a seventy pound suitcase, and two backpacks up the last stair on the last car of the train just as it pulled away. 

I didn’t know I had it in me.

When God asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, He already knew that Abraham would pass the test. But Abraham didn’t know he had it in him until he raised the knife.**

If God is asking you to do something that seems impossible, rest assured…you’ve got it in you!
* We had so much luggage because we were moving to Budapest on that trip.
** Genesis 22:1-18 


This was posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 and the timing was significant for me. I was giving a workshop in Budapest and was feeling like "I didn't have it in me."  But I did, and God used the workshop to encourage 27 Hungarian Christians to set up blogs and write. 
 
For free email delivery of Bible Love Notes

Enter your email address

12 comments:

  1. You plus God can do it.. There is no such thing as CAN'T.. That T is a cross.. You can do anything in Christ who strengthens you. GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for this encouragement!

      Delete
  2. I have been praying and have set my phone alarm to remind me to pray during the actual workshop! I know without a doubt that this is one of your "for such a time as this" assignments, Gail, so I am equally confident that God will work in you according to the promise of Ephesians 3:20! (And I love that this devotion posted on His Ordained Day for you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy Gail!! You can do all things through Christ!!! I know you will do a great job and God will give you EXACTLY what you need! God led you to it and HE will lead you through it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Piper, for your encouragement!

      Delete
  4. Your experience traveling with your luggage reminds me of last year when we went to Italy for our 40th Anniversary, and pulled our suitcases all around with us everywhere, even up a steep climb to get to one of our lodging places with an incredible view of the area. Things we never thought we could do! And thinking of you as you lead your blog workshop - what an amazing opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, traveling in Europe is an adventure, isn't it? : )
      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I always try to remind myself that there is nothing in me (in and of myself) that can accomplish anything for God. I take that for granted more often then I would like to admit to others, and even more often then I would like to admit to myself. It is only God through me - His Holy Spirit - that accomplishes His will (Where this is impossible with man, with God all things are possible Matt. 19:26). I am a sinner through and through. My sin nature causes me to serve myself alone. It is only by the grace of God that He has chosen to snatch me from the flames I so greatly deserved and granted me a place in His Kingdom - not only a place but to be able to share in the inheritance of Christ! The only way I have anything in me to accomplish something for God, is because He has placed it within me, He has worked it through me. Thank you for reminding me of this today :) Thank you also for checking me out and following me over at www.roadto31.blogspot.com. I am following you now too! I can't wait to read more of your many adventures and words of encouragement from God's Word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing these wise words, Lindsey...you are so right. Bless you, Gail

      Delete
  6. I have made that train trip. I have close friends that live in Frankfurt Germany and my sister lived in Budapest for 2 1/2 years. IT is some beautiful country side that you got to see there. Hope and pray your blog workshop went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun to hear someone else who has made that trip...I actually love riding that train just not almost missing it : )
      German trains are so punctual! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...