Imprisoned for his faith, Haralan Popov went 5 years without a Bible. When he found one, he knew it would soon be confiscated by the guards, so he memorized large portions, “hiding it in his heart” (Psalm 119:11).
We can and should hide God’s Word in our hearts too.
Here are some ways to do that:
1. Meditate on Scripture passages by looking at each word and phrase separately, asking God to give you insight and application for your life.
2. Write the passage and read it each day for a week or a month. This is especially good when going through a trial or overcoming temptation.
3. Draw a picture of the passage with symbols representing key elements of the verse.
4. Write the passage in your own words (being careful to stay true to the meaning).
5. Like Popov, memorize the passage.
Leave a comment and tell me ways that you hide God’s Word in your heart.
Have you had a chance to read this marriage post from Bible Love Notes: Telling Your Husband You're Sorry.
Have 1-Minute Bible Love Notes delivered to your email box. Be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent to your inbox when you subscribe.