3 Lies That Take Our Focus Off God

3 Lies That Take Our Focus Off God
Many articles focus on knowing how special we are to God. But I think our real problem is realizing how special God is to us.

These lies encourage a focus on ourselves:

1. I can't love others until I first love myself.
This comes from a false interpretation of Mark 12: 30-31
See Loving Self First

2. I can't serve others until I feel whole and confident.
Serving others is often the best way to gain confidence and joy (Philippians 2:3-4)
See Beatin' the Blues  

3. God wants me happy.
God wants us sanctified and mature which brings joy, but not always happiness (Hebrews 12:1-3).
See Happiness Lie.

Here's 3 solutions to these 3 lies:

1. Focus first and foremost on loving God (Matthew 22:36-40).

2. Treat others as we want to be treated (Matthew 7:12).

3. Quit thinking so much about ourselves (Philippians 2:3-4).

Only when we understand how special God is to us, will we fully understand how special we are to God.
 ---------------
If you enjoyed this devotion and would like a 1-minute devotion like this delivered to your email each weekday, sign up for a free subscription below.
After signing up, you'll be sent a FEEDBURNER email. Click link in that email to start your subscription.


Enter your email address

3 Lies That Take Our Focus Off God

2 comments:

  1. Hi, you have great insights and I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...