I'd rather not mention it, but Scripture says "Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy" (Proverbs 28:13).
So here goes:
I sometimes lose my temper.
Oh, I could say that people or events provoke me or that I have good reasons, but the truth is this: I lose my temper because I'm a fool (and a sinner).
Why a fool? Because:
- "Fools vent their anger, but the wise quietly hold it back" (Proverbs 29:11).
- "Fools show their annoyance at once, but the prudent overlook an insult" (Proverbs 12:16).
- "Sensible people control their temper; they earn respect by overlooking wrongs" (Proverbs 19:11,NLT).
1. I can change with Christ's strength (Philippians 4:13).
2. It requires saying "no" to the wrong attitudes and behavior (Titus 2:11-12).
Now it's your turn--ask God which sin you need to work on and do something about it!
To help, you can do a Bite Size Bible Study on this topic HERE.