It Doesn't Get Better Than This

Do you recognize a foretaste of heaven when God sends you one? This 1-minute devotion explains.

Years ago, when we lived near our grandchildren, we enjoyed planning special days for them. On one of those days, as we were finishing our meal at a local restaurant, two-year-old Gracie suddenly stood up in the booth, put her chubby little arms around my husband Michael’s neck, and shouted for the whole restaurant to hear, “You my buddy!”

Michael’s face lit up with a grin that said, “It doesn’t get better than this!”

We’ve all had that feeling at times … 
  • When something goes especially well.
  • When someone shows their love in a special way.
  • When our deepest longings are realized, even if just for a moment.

I believe that those special moments on earth are sweet foretastes of heaven … moments of pure grace or joy.

“Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens” (James 1:17).

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9).

Imagine what heaven will be like if these are only foretastes!

💙💙💙

For a fun post about heaven, see I Can Fly. For other insights see Homesick and One More Day in Paradise.

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I also encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. To find out where you can order Wisdom for Life in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, South Africa, and the Philippines, see It's Not for the Money.


Do you recognize a foretaste of heaven when God sends you one? This 1-minute devotion explains.


Bible Love Notes

5 comments:

  1. I never thought of it that way! Thank you, Gail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that Gail. I will look at those moments differently from here on out! My word she is just so precious! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today in my morning pray I felt this foretastes of heaven. Thanks God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.... A wonderful perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandson 💙 ❤ on Tuesday said 🙌 I am the best 👌 👍 grandmother 👵 ever ❤ 💙 in the Word. Wow. I really feel like God has sent me an angel 😇 🙏 ❤ 💛 to pat on me and peace ✌ within me and the love ❤ of God filled me within. I felt favorable.

    ReplyDelete