Sunday

Work in Progress

God isn't finished with us yet, Philippians 3:10-17, sanctification
Artwork: Billy Frank Alexander
Recently, the Lord reminded me of a situation that happened years ago. 

For the first time, I realized I'd handled it with a critical, legalistic spirit. 

This situation happened when we lived in another state, and the man involved was only an acquaintance. But I hunted down his contact info and emailed to ask his forgiveness. 

A few days later I heard back. He admitted he'd been hurt, forgave me and said he appreciated my apology.

I was sad it took me years to get to the place where I understood my sin in this situation. But I was also encouraged that I wasn't the same person I used to be.

As we "work out our salvation with fear and trembling," God "works in us to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose" (Philippians 2:12-13).

I'm grateful that we're works in progress--God isn't finished with us yet! (Philippians 3:10-17)

http://bitesizebiblestudy.blogspot.com/2014/06/Work-in-Progress.html

Why not do a short, nutritious Bible study on this devotion and discover the 4 things I learned about Christian growth from this situation. Just click HERE.

For a 1-minute thought-provoking devotion each weekday, sign up for a free subscription on top of side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...