Shout!

Psalms, music, overcoming negative thoughts, giving the Lord a shout out
I read about a baby who stopped crying whenever her mom played loud music. The baby couldn’t hear herself crying, so she stopped. 

I'm discovering this is sometimes what I need too!

My friend Tracy said it well: "Sometimes I find my mind is mulling over stuff endlessly! I'm not focusing and I'm having these mind debates which truly are going nowhere! What I sometimes remember to do, especially in the car, is turn my praise music on - LOUD - so LOUD that I can't hear my thoughts anymore!” *

The Psalmists were often troubled when they wrote the Psalms. Perhaps that's why we often read things like this:
“Shout to God with cries of joy…let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation… Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music…Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.” Psalm 47:1; 95:1; 98:4; 100:1 

When our minds are spinning with negative, useless, repetitive thoughts, it's time to turn on some praise music and give the Lord a shout out.
Image: Free Digital Photos .net


* Tracy writes My Daily Walk in His Grace and her posts often speak to me.


Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address
 and Validate the Feedburner email sent to your inbox.

4 comments:

  1. As long as you're careful not to hurt your ears! Loud music can be harmful to your hearing--but our own shouting should be safe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right : )
      It's more about making the music our focus instead of simply something in the background. And the volume need not be too high to do that.
      Gail

      Delete
  2. Hi Gail - thanks for the lovely "recommendation" I truly appreciate it and yes, its a great reminder to turn up the volume on my praise music.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun. I do it in the car all the time. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...