Friday

Sight Unseen

Ephesians 1:5, Adopted by God, God the Father
Abandoned by her mother, 18-month-old Kacy was thin, covered with eczema, and unable to walk. 

When the adoption agent began explaining Kacy's condition to some prospective parents, the husband interrupted her. "We'll take her!" 

"But don't you want to see her first?"

"We'll take her sight unseen!" 

That's how Kacy was adopted. 

Years later, Kacy Terrill became a gifted speaker and often spoke about another adoption:

"When I came to God I was spiritually and emotionally needy," Kacy would say, "But, without hesitation--'sight unseen'-- my Heavenly Father adopted me into His family." 

"God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure." Ephesians 1:5(NLT)

Let's rejoice today in our Heavenly adoption.
Kacy has gone to be with the Lord, but her message still brings joy to my heart. I am grateful that God had my path cross hers when we lived at Ft. Leavenworth, KS.

For a 1-minute thought-provoking devotion each weekday, sign up for a free subscription on top of side bar.

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful, touching story. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to share it, Gail. And so happy to have known Kacy who first shared it with me. : )

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous reiteration of God's love for His children. He loved Kacy before she ever knew how to love Him. Thank you for the sweet words today Gail. Glad I stopped by. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Naomi. I wish you a blessed weekend too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...