Wednesday

Hind Sight

God makes bad work for good, God designs our lives, God's purpose in our lives, Ephesians 2:10
In fifth grade (1961), my teacher asked me to write a speech to give at a school assembly because he felt I was a good communicator. 

Over the years, I've written poems, newsletters, Bible studies, evangelistic tracts, children's Bible lessons, and seminary papers. 

I edited my high school newspaper in 1969 and 37 years later I wrote an overview of the Bible for Hungarians.(1)

I'll never be a C.S. Lewis, but, like Eric Liddell, I can say that when I write (especially short devotions), "I feel God's pleasure." 

I didn't realize it when I wrote that fifth grade speech, but it was the first of many things God used to prepare me for my present ministry.

He's even used things I did poorly to teach me valuable lessons (Romans 8:28). 

Whether or not you see it clearly at this point in your life, rest assured God has created you for a number of meaningful purposes (Ephesians 2:10).(2) 

If you've seen God's hand in your life, preparing you for ministry, why not leave a comment and tell us about it?

(1) When we did Christian work in Hungary
(2) God gives us multiple callings. Mine include wife, mother, and grandmother.


For a more thorough examination of using our gifts, check out this Bite Size Bible Study Feelin' Good About Your Gifts. It offers 3 suggestions for understanding your God-given gifts.




6 comments:

  1. I don't post often, because I read from my iPhone and it just doesn't always love sending my messages, but I love your devotions! I'm thankful God has gifted you and you use your gifts! It's hard for me to see mine, but I do finally believe after 30 years that I have some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement.
      Have a blessed day,
      Gail

      Delete
  2. My purpose in life and for God has been heavy on my mind lately. Sometimes I feel worthless, but more than that, guilty of not doing more to advance the Kingdom. Something deep inside tells me I will get it all figured out though. Thank you for your wonderful insights. They are a treasure to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail,
      I always appreciate your heart-felt comments.
      I pray that God will encourage you to "struggle well" with the things on in your heart.
      I am sure God is already using you, and I pray that you will find a peace and joy in everything He prepares for you to do.
      Gail

      Delete
  3. I've questioned my purpose in life many times, I sin plenty of times but can't stop doing what I do . I would love for God to take over my life but world sins seem to attract me more then the lords path.In need of help my life is so bad that I don't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LB,
      I believe God sent you to my blog for a purpose--so I could pray for you. It's clear that you are at a point in your life where you realize your need for God. That's a great place to be as long as you understand that God can help you and God wants to help you. I am praying that you will soon find a Bible-believing church or a Bible-believing Christian who can help you understand the power you can have in Christ. Please click "Eternal Life" in the blue band at the top of this blog page and read the article. It explains some things that might be helpful to you. And please feel free to write again and ask for more prayer or ask any questions about living in God's strength. I would love to answer you. Or write me at biblelovenotes @ netzero.com.

      Whether you write or not, please know that I will be praying for you.
      Gail

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...