Thursday

Things that Make Me Sad--Cain

Cain, God's Love, mankind's sin, Cain and Abel
This week's Bible Love Notes are bit different from my usual devotions. They're prayer thoughts I wrote after reading Genesis 1-9. Today's thoughts are about Genesis 4.

Dear Lord, 

I can't believe it. It makes me sad: the first man born on earth murdered the second man born on earth, his own brother. 

You warned; he ignored.

First murder.
First degree murder. 

First recorded sarcasm from his guilty lips.

Not sorry for what he'd done. 
Not sorry for his brother or grieving mother.
Sorry for himself. 

You loved; he hated. And then he wallowed in self-pity.

"Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother's were righteous." 1 John 3:12 

How You must have grieved when his father Adam listened to Satan and then when Cain, Adam's first son, became Satan's disciple.

How often have I grieved You, Lord, by feeling sorry for myself, not sorry for my sin?

I am saddened by the many ways mankind has grieved You, the many ways I have grieved You. Give us hearts that listen to Your love, Lord.

1 comment:

  1. how sad! yet so true. our heavenly father is an all loving and forgiving god! we need to ask him for the forgiveness of our sins. Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...