Fight the good fight, finish the race, keep the faith

Fight the good fight, finish the race, keep the faith, 2 Timothy 4:7
Joy Johnson, 86, completed her twenty-fifth consecutive New York Marathon November 3, 2013. 

She died the following day.

"In the weeks leading up to Sunday’s marathon, Johnson said she followed her daily routine: coffee, Bible lesson, 8-mile run," and before her final race, she said, "I just praise the Lord I can get out of bed each morning and run." 

It sounds to me like Joy was the kind of person who, like the Apostle Paul, could say, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7). 

I imagine she now sits in the grandstands to cheer us on: 

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1 

Amen! 
source: NY Daily News
Fight the good fight, finish the race, keep the faith, 2 Timothy 4:7

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad but you used her life as such a good example which uses her life to point to Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...