Tuesday

No Satisfactory Answer

Trusting God with unanswered questions, 1 Corinthians 13:12
My 45-year-young cousin lay dying 150 miles away.

I'd only recently moved to the area and hadn't seen him for years, so I prayed someone nearby would share the Gospel with him. But I felt God telling me to go.

I left immediately, shared the Lord with him, and he passed away the next day.

But his sister wasn't buying it. "How can I believe in a God who'd let my brother die so young?"

I didn't know what to say, but I was determined to find an answer to the troubling question "Why does God allow pain and suffering?"

After months of study, I concluded there's no satisfactory answer here on earth.

But there's a truth that allows us to wait for the answer: God is loving, good, wise, and 100% trustworthy. 

"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 
                                                      1 Corinthians 13:12
Image: Stockvault

4 comments:

  1. This is a difficult one for me. But I've come to realize that one of the things I need to surrender is my "need" to know, "need" to understand. No, I don't NEED those things. I WANT those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Joanne, this is a difficult truth for most of us. I'm so grateful that we serve a God who is trustworthy even though I wish I could understand these things now.
      Bless you.
      Gail

      Delete
  2. I think this is a tough question for everyone. We only know that God is Sovereign, and we don't deserve ANYTHING. Yet your cousin was blessed with her brother for 45 years. Some people have no siblings.

    Another thing I remember is that the Lord knows when even a sparrow falls, and He cares about them. How much more does He care about each of us--and He knows what is right, and best, and good for each of us. He is God, and we are not.

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deuteronomy 29:29a: The secret things belong to the Lord our God.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...