Anonymous

Statue of Anonymous, Popular opinion, popular philosophers, celebrity philosophers
"Fools names and fools faces often appear in public places." 

I first learned this anonymous proverb when I asked my mom why someone had scribbled on a bathroom stall. 

But it's application is broader than restroom graffiti.

I think of it when sports or entertainment celebrities speak authoritatively about parenting, marriage, spirituality, politics or nutrition. They have a right to their opinion, but that doesn't mean it's valid.

I'm especially amused when celebrities talk about how to manage family and career, considering they can employ chefs, nannies, and housekeepers.

What's crazy is how often these popular names and faces sway public opinion. But Christians should be different. We know the Author of all Wisdom and His Word says: 

"Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ." Colossians 2:8 (NLT) 
 ~~~

I'm a contributor to the Christian blog "Upgrade with Dawn," and I recently wrote a post titled "Two All Beef Patties."  I'd love to have you read it and leave a comment. You'll recognize some of the content from Bible Love Notes, but I was able to expand on some things. It will take you about 3 minutes to read instead of 1     : )


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...