Faith versus Feeling

Faith, Emotions, Feelings
I experienced the strongest emotion the day before we left Budapest last spring. 

We'd been helping with ministry in Hungary for three months, and I got this feeling that I would never set foot on a Budapest street again.

We lived in Budapest from 2004-2009 doing Christian work, and we've returned for several months every year since. So this feeling took me by surprise.

I didn't obsess over it, but I pondered it until I set foot on the Budapest streets again this fall.

Feelings are powerful and unreliable. They mess with our minds and influence our behavior. 

And perhaps the stupidest feeling we sometimes have is the feeling that God has abandoned or forgotten us. It's a common reaction when we face confusing difficulties, but it's a lie from the pit of hell. 

Never, never, never will He leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5). That's a fact, not a feeling.

My very first 1-Minute Bible Love Note was based on Hebrews 13:5 and called "God is Never, Ever, Ever on Vacation."

Would you like to do a quick 3 Scripture study related to this devotion? Then check it out on Bite Size Bible Study.



2 comments:

  1. God's timing is perfect. I needed to be reminded of this truth. Thank you, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I were just speaking of this last night. The general area in which we live has seen a dramatic rise in teen suicide rates. We, being Christians, even find it difficult to remember that we are not abandoned during difficult times. How desperate these children must have felt, not having the ability to draw on the knowledge of the promise of God.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...