In New Testament times, the only mirrors were pools of water or pieces of polished metal. No wonder 1 Corinthians 13:12 says our understanding of life is like the reflection in one of those ancient mirrors.
1. Our backgrounds, misunderstandings, and experiences prejudice our view.
2. Our immoral culture distorts our view.
3. Our humanness limits our view.
That means we need to be humble and trust the Lord.
1. He sees things with full understanding and that's why He tells us to be forgiving and gracious (Ephesians 4:32).
2. He sees right and wrong perfectly so we need to trust Biblical standards and commands (Isaiah 55:8-9).
3. He sees the big picture perfectly without limitations of time or space, so we need to trust Him with our unanswered questions (Psalm 147:5).
"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Corinthians 13:12