"Unanswered Prayers"

Unanswered prayer,
He prayed that God would give him Karen for his wife, but she married another. A few years later when he met and married Beth, he was the first to thank God for “unanswered” prayer.

There’s actually no such thing as unanswered prayer. That’s just a term we use when God says “no.”

Sometimes, years after an “unanswered prayer,” we are like the man in this example—we see why God said “no.”

But often we never know why. Sometimes it seems like God withholds something for no reason...something that seems completely good and godly.

The real issue is who do we trust:
  • Do we trust the God of the universe who knows everything and is completely loving and merciful?
  • Or do we trust our own instincts, knowledge and reasoning?

Today I’ve decided to thank God for “unanswered prayers,” especially those that I don’t understand. Will you join me? 

To read another devotion about things we don't understand, read Are You Uncomfortable With Mystery? 

If you'd like to receive Bible Love Note 1-minute devotions in your email box, sign up below--IT'S FREE.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

5 comments:

  1. Gail I'll join you! Our unanswered prayer is about my husband's health. A super fit, healthy man who suddenly has major complications and pain. Even though it seems "unanswered" I want to praise God for the ways He IS addressing our hearts as we yearn for an answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carly, I pray that your husband's health will soon be restored.But in the meantime, I pray that God will give you peace/hope/trust amidst the confusion of this trial.

      Delete
  2. This is a great thing to remember in times of struggle. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always glad in retrospect for God's wisdom in answering prayer, but there are times when it leaves me scratching my head. There's no doubt that His way is the better way, every time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for stopping by m blog!
    What a great blog for insight, wisdom and encouragement you have!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...