Any way you slice it, gratefulness is good for us.
Studies show that grateful people:
1. Make friends more easily and have better relationships.
2. Have better physical health.
3. Have better psychological health.
4. Are more compassionate and generous.
5. Are less resentful, jealous, and aggressive.
6. More easily overcome trauma and loss.
7. Are less stressed and sleep better.
8. Have better immune systems and healthier hearts.
9. Do better in their careers and are better team players.
10. Are less materialistic.
11. Are more optimistic.
12. Are less self-centered.
13. Have higher energy levels and are more productive.
14. Feel more joyful and content.
15. Are more relaxed.
No wonder God says:
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6
When you pin Bible Love Notes on Pinterest or share a devotion on Facebook, you help spread God's Word! Check out the hundreds of pins on 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Pinterest page HERE.
Resources for this devotion:
Forbes, WebMD, Happier Human, Huffington Posts, Greater Good