Practicing Gratefulness -Overcoming Negativity - Philippians 4:8

This 1-minute devotion shares how "Practicing gratefulness" can bring you out of a slump even if your circumstances don't change. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

I was getting negative…letting difficult situations in my life color everything…going to bed sad and waking up sad.

Desperate for a change, I read Philippians 4:8 and asked God to teach me to have a grateful heart.

I started by acknowledging the good things in life I take for granted:

“Thank You, Lord, for a warm bed and a hot shower—luxuries in some parts of the world."
"Thank you, Lord, for the beauty of nature."
“Thank You, Lord, for hearing, sight, smell, taste and touch.”
Even things like:
“Thank You for showing me that item on sale."

Little by little, I found my heart changing. Good things were easier to notice, and I was happier. My difficulties were the same, but I was changing. 

Even If you’re not feeling down, I encourage you to join me in developing a grateful heart “and the God of peace will be with you.” Philippians 4:9 

----------------------------

Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

This 1-minute devotion shares how "Practicing gratefulness" can bring you out of a slump even if your circumstances don't change. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible





1 comment: