Friday

I Fell In Love With Another Man

When you read this, my husband and I will be jet-lagged in Budapest. (written in 2013)

We've moved 15 times during our married life,(1) so it was appropriate that we flew from one continent to another yesterday. A perfect 43rd anniversary celebration for "nomads" like us. 

We were married September 5, 1970, two selfish, unsaved teens,(2) and there was really no hope that our marriage would survive. But then I met another Man and fell in love...and that Man, Jesus, revolutionized our thinking and continues to revolutionize our lives. 

The only reason we two selfish 60-somethings have stayed together is because we both love Jesus. The only reason. 

We not only owe Him our lives and eternity, we owe Him our marriage. 

When we met each other as teenagers, we never thought about the future, never realized that after 43 years of marriage we would be still be the "bestest" of friends. And we owe it all to Jesus, really

If you want to read some of my marriage posts, click the image to the right. It will take you to my Marriage Archives. I only send 1-minute devotions to subscribers, but this is one of several resources available on my site. If you want to find out about all the resources available on Bible Love Notes, click HERE. I hope you'll find these useful. In Christ, In Budapest, Gail 

(1) moves from one state to another. If you count intercity moves, it would be 22. 
(2) Michael actually turned twenty a month before our wedding.



9 comments:

  1. Wow, Happy Anniversary! How fun! I hope you have a lovely vacation, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought WE moved a lot! LOL! We have moved 12 times--all within PA!
    I loved this devotional Gail. I say a huge "Amen" to "The only reason we two selfish 60-somethings have stayed together is because we both love Jesus. The only reason." That is my husband and me also. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is our "secret" too!!! Wonderful post full of truth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail! I am just blown away that you would open the link-up from Europe! Technology is just crazy, isn't it?

    You are so generous to keep up with all of us here. Be sure to enjoy every minute, and let us know how you are doing :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read your posts over the next weeks!! I always like the pictures and extras you include from your time in Europe. What a blessing. I will be praying for you (and have been as you travel).

    Happy Anniversary!!

    Thanks for hosting...amazing isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary, Puraths! I'm excited to see your pictures and read about your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail -
    That is why us 50-somethings are still together nearly 35 years later. I loved your post!
    Happy Anniversary!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gail, such an encouraging post. Lately lots of my friends are going through divorces and hardships in marriage. Sometimes, mine has felt challenging too. But its because of the Lord that we push through, and overcome and with God in the marriage, there is ALWAYS hope and ALWAYS improvement. Thank you for this reminder
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...