Monday

Oh, Really?

Reincarnation, Bible, Truth, Life After Death
“I like the idea of reincarnation,”* the woman said. “You get to keep coming back until you’re perfect.”

“And have you ever met anyone who was perfect?” Asked April politely.

This was part of a conversation that my mentoring group had with a woman on the University of SC campus several years ago. I was surprised by the wisdom in April’s question. I always learned more from the women I mentored than they learned from me.

April’s question was such a perfect way of pointing out an inconsistency in reincarnation. And it was such a good example of how false faiths break down when tested because they are devised by men, not God.

Christianity is far more complex than false faiths, but it passes the test of time and logic. 

Actually, the complexity of Christianity proves it comes from a God far wiser and more complex than men.

"Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?" 1 Corinithians 1:20

Today I'm thanking God for His Truth that endures forever (Psalm 117).
* Scripture which refutes Reincarnation: Hebrews 9:26-28 


I'd love to have you sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes 1-Minute devotions using the tool on the top of the sidebar. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Gail! Great devotion! Thanks for thinking of me. I don't remember saying that at all! It's amazing how the Lord prompts us to say things that we don't even realize are touching people's lives :) It's funny, I was just thinking about you & our little group & what blessing it was this weekend.....Miss & Wendy & I got together for a girls weekend & we're reminiscing our CIU days. I hope you are well & Have a very Merry Christmas!
    Much joy,
    April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear April, How neat to hear that you three got together recently. You were all a blessing to me.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting that :) Tara. Found this post at Teach Me Tuesday's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! What a great question!
    Happy new year Gail. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...